Monday, December 10, 2007

Sweet and Sour...

Ok, let me set the stage...
Cold (30 degrees F) and freezing rain, totally yucky outside. I'm glad to be in the shop today and not slogging away outside. I meander in, looking forward to being productive and brrrr... it sure is cold in here. Where's the heat?

First, the sour. The heat source for the shop is dead. As I contemplate my next move, I playfully fill the air with my visible breath; it's gonna be a looooong cooooold day :^(

So, back to the trusty Volvo, put on lot's of layers of stinky cycling clothes from the back, and back at it.
Looks like I'm going to order a radiant ceiling gas heat tube...puts out 60000 BTU's. I'll have to bust arse this week to get it installed so I can get some of these frames through paint. For some reason, paint does not spray well at 30 degrees ;^)

Next, the sweet. I got my new media blast cabinet installed. I've been looking for a newer model cabinet for quite some time and was lucky enough to find an almost local guy (30 miles away) who builds them; Mark from BAD BOY Blasters. These are sweet units for frame building, as they are just the right size, have good feed rate, and the vacuum kicks arse! No stopping to dust off the glass anymore. I had to rig it up to the old compressor, as I'm waiting on my motor contactor/starter to be finished up for the new one. The poor little thing could hardly keep up...looking forward to getting the big compressor up and running later this week.




I finished fabrication on Dicks Cross Frame and fork, blasted them and went to shoot a couple of pics for y'all. Guess what, the digi camera battery would not last long enough to process a pic...too cold!
Also got a DJ fork fabbed, blasted and ready for some gloss black powder...it's destined for Eric's orange Trek Jack, should be very cool.
So today was a mixed bag. Oh well, hopefully I'll have a better/more consistant day tomorrow.

cheers to ya,


rody

No comments: