Sunday, February 10, 2008

Consumer day one







Saturday harkend the first opportunity of the show for consumers to get out and engage in sensory overload...an easy task to accomplish as there is sooo much cool stuff out there.

Talking with the show organizers, they anticipated over 10000 people to come through during the next two days. A few of the folks that spoke with me said they had to wait almost an hour at the door before being allowed to enter because the hall was at capacity; as one person came out one person could come in. Totally crazy.

Despite Portalnd being a great city that has embraced and supported cycling, the attendees came from all over; Germany, Japan, Spain, Canada and as far as the east coast of the United States. I've got to admit, some of my favorite people were from Japan. I had about seven guys crowd into the booth and begin to pour over the bikes. They would begin to shout to the others, excitedly pointing out little features here and there...there enthusiasm was infectious. They spent about 40 minutes just hanging out like kids in a candy store, very fun.
The number of people made for a long day in that there were often so many folks in the booth at once I could not talk to them all, and believe me, I tried :)

The media was back in full force as well; I gave interviews to BikeMagazine, Mountain Bike UK, and a slew of smaller Web based rags...bikes kept rolling out of the booth for pictures all day long. It will certainly be interesting to see just what ends up in print or on the web in the next couple of weeks.
The pics are courtesy of Bill and Hubby as I've not had a chance to even look around yet :(

I'm totally whooped but excited about the final day tomorrow, so I'm going to sign off...
cheers,,

rody

No comments: